Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back Lyrics

Allow me to re-edit again, in premise, that thanks to all of you this idea keeps receiving votes, and I am grateful to each of you, and when I expressed this desire as an idea I was a newbie, I owe to the professionality of Marco and Toku, whom I thank again, that I became aware that this idea it’s by no means new, nor even mine but Spotify’s, yet it is properly expressed, and it is shared by enough Community members for it to be still alive, and I agree with Arcanscape that, "We really need the lyrics feature", and I just notice an excellent temporary alternative of “SpotifyLyrics” kindly programmed and provided by Mirth (fr31): https://github.com/fr31/spotifylyrics/releases (via scoobyTdog), it works very well on my Pc 🙂 and I invite you all to try it.

Whilst singing might be fun, I have another approach to lyrics and sound, which is of course not mutually exclusive, and I read the words to see if I like them as I enjoy the melody, if I see myself in the lyrics, if I share the values expressed, and this is easier by having the words at hand.

So please Spotify bring back the Lyrics Feature most elegantly -- as you did with restyling the Community -- when you find a better Lyrics Provider.

Reading and listening might be even better than karaoke, although not as fun 😉

and every member could always do both, even just singing, as a very close person in my family does, and many other people do.

Thank you for evaluating, with my warmest and most sincere Regards.

Marco, a poet at heart

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments

@musixmatch's tweet on Twitter.

Folks we’re sorry to share with you that today we’ve terminated our Agreement with Spotify for their desktop app. 1/3

https://twitter.com/Musixmatch/status/736325705395515392

At the moment we just need to wait Spotify's update on this if they're migrating to another source to get lyrics.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-05-29

Marked as new idea.

MattSuda

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/737111037149913088

"Hey! Lyrics is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon"

Rorey
Status changed to: Watch this space

Updated: 2016-05-30

Our lyrics feature is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 
Please share any feedback you have here in the community.

please include the lyrics function to the mobile version

awildawn

Hello, yes I need the lyrics too, it gives Spotify something more than the others !

PantheraLeo

We urgently need a lyrics feature which offers as many songs as Musixmatch does.

Arcanscape

Hello everyone!

We really need a lyrics feature, but now please, make an option to show lyrics on a floating mode like minilyrics for example, so we don't  need let Spotify maximized, and we can do whatever we want on PC as we read the lyrics 😄

aldodvp

Or you can share your API and open up, welcome to the Internet era, don't be that greedy, there is another app around the corner that could take your place. Renew or die.

kathy44

So Musixmatch is just discontinued for the desktop app?  It still works on my mobile - hope it stays!!