Announcements

Browse Artists' Pages By Decade

When browsing the pages of legendary classical composers such as Bach or Mozart, there are hundreds of albums of their compositions available. Even if the ability to reverse the chronological listing of albums were implemented, it wouldn't solve the issue of all of the albums in the middle of the listing taking many minutes to scroll down to (it can take a minute or so per individual year, and I can't imagine how it would be if someone's internet were slow). If we could browse the works by decade, this would not be an issue.

In addition, for non-classical works, decades often instill a lot of common characteristics into the music released during the period.

Updated: 2016-01-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
dinomight
Status changed to: New Idea

dinomight

I know exactly what you mean about the classical music. Had a hard time navigating some of the composers myself recently. Thanks for posting, this could be really useful!

sevemanzoor

I think that, with the majority of users never really viewing artists with more than maybe ten albums, people don't realize how important a filter like this could be. Even browsing Sun Ra or Duke Ellington can be pretty convoluted if you aren't using a different source to check up on the releases you're seeing 😕

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-01-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Env: prod