[Browse] Can New Releases be separated by Genre?

When I click on New Releases, I want to be able to click on whats relevant to me, not for the general public. Can there be a section where new releases are seperated in to Genre a little better than it is now. For instance, I want see all new metal albums that have come out that day, without going to a website to see which artist have come out that day. Hope this comes out in a newer version guys.

Thanks

Eric Smith

Updated on 2019-09-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-08-29

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

pablolie
Regular

I completely and totally support this idea.

The fact that "Browse>New Releases" just shows an amalgam of random new stuff renders it unusable, in my opinion. I would love to use the tab to discover new music I may like, but the way it is right now there's just way too much noise to make it useful.

esmith402
Casual Listener
I agree. I will only put the popular artist on top, instead of what you
desire to listen to. I highly doubt this function will ever be considered
or read into from Spotify themselves.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-09-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.