[Browse] Sort & Filter New Releases by Genre

I don't understand why Spotify can't sort new releases by genre. This seems pretty obvious to me

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests that the new release section in Browse can be sorted by genre.

Shonuf023
Music Fan

I completely agree, this is something we would love to have.

marksyl
Casual Listener

the most important idea... a killer feature to sort new releases by genres

uncmike21
Regular

YES! ALSO, it would be even better to be able to filter between singles and albums only!

Ewf2001

would love to have this!

nonstopdigital
Roadie

Something else that needs to be added is to PUT ALL NEW RELEASES ON HERE, NOT JUST THE MOST POPULAR. This week, an album by Crowbar came out.  Where is it in the new releases section?  I checked Rdio and they had it listed under new releases, along with a lot of other metal albums that came out this week.  I agree that we need more sort options too.

yme1111
Casual Listener

Agreed totally, my biggest pet peeve with Spotify, as much as I love it, is the lack of ACTUAL new releases in the 'Browse - New Releases' section.  As previously mentioned, I too have to check with Rdio to sort through a complete list of new releases or alternately, open up the 'Playlists.net' APP which does a better job of including New Releases than Spotify does. 

nonstopdigital
Roadie

Good point.  Other services have it broken down by albums that came out THAT WEEK, then albums that were released in previous weeks. Spotify's list seem to be just thrown together with no real organization.  Don't get me started...

koraykupe
Roadie

One of Spotify's weak points.

chantz5678

Seriously spotify get your **bleep** together and apply all these addons and more. I have a huge list of updates you guys could introduce. I dont know if its because of html style or what. It cant be funding so put a crew together and ADD FEATURES!!!!! Basically just give all the features itunes has. Then you will be above itunes because you already have cool apps that give you lyric for lyric and stuff like that. JUMP ON IT!!! plz :* xoxoxoxo Chantz **bleep**ing Farr