[Browse] Suggestions based onchosen language instead of region

I come from Finland so I'm paying with a Finnish card, which means that my country is Finland and I get lots of recommendations in Finnish. The problem is that I'm part of the 5% of the Finnish population that speak Swedish, so these suggestions are absolutely irrelevant to me and has annoyed me for years. It's crazy to me that there is no solution for this, especially since a Swedish company should definitely know its neighboring countries a bit better. Why has nothing happened despite the massive interest in fixing this?

I'm adding my idea to show that there is a lot of demand for this kind of customization. Should make more sense to base suggestions of spoken language instead anyways, since a lot of people might live abroad but still want suggestions in their native language.

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey @frriiday 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
gcv_7nte-f5qt

This is an idea that could not have been overview, I guess Spotify simply don't care about the language we speak, or we want to hear. Hopefully this option will be reevaluated soon.

Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey @frriiday 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!