[Browse] View larger album cover

I would like to be able, on all platforms, to zoom in on larger versions of all album covers.

I listen to a lot of classical music, and there are almost always multiple recordings of a given work. So for example, I might search for something like "Mahler 3" and then scroll to see which recordings of that symphony are available. But unless I happen to recognize the cover art from the thumbnail, it can be difficult to tell which orchestra is playing, with which conductor -- and those are important to me in determining which recording I want to listen to.

The issue is particularly bad on the mobile app, where the cover art is tiny. On all apps, I can click through to the album to see more information, which usually includes what I'm looking for, but on mobile and in my browser that information is often truncated (and in the Windows desktop app, I often have to maximize the window to see all the info).

I know that there has been a similar implemented issue (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-View-larger-Album-Art/idi-p/112292), but that one deals with viewing the cover art of an album one is already listening to, and it only applies to the desktop player. I would like to be able to view a larger version of the cover as part of my browsing process, before I decide which album to listen to.

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey folks,

This idea has been inactive for quite a while now.

We've discussed it internally once more and this is not something that we plan on implementing in the foreseeable future and will be setting the status to closed, to match our new Idea Exchange statuses.

More info on why the idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
DAFRA
Gig Goer

Also, being able to flip the cover and view the backside would be nice...

asherber
Casual Listener

I absolutely agree about seeing the back of the cover as well, but I don't think the labels always make those photos available. It would be great if we could access that for albums where it is available.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-20

Marked as new idea.

mborishk
Casual Listener

Yes please do this on the app! I hate bring robbed of admiring cover art!

PrayingBirds
Casual Listener

I can't believe how tiny album covers are when a track is playing on mobile compared to other services or even just (free!) on-device music players. I think considering a Premium price tag we deserve a much better UI, especially in terms of album art, which is a huge part of the listening experience for many people. For me, it really kills part of the enjoyment of listening and discovering new music and browsing here shows that album cover ideas are a thing for almost a decade.

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2021-01-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Ver
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey folks,

This idea has been inactive for quite a while now.

We've discussed it internally once more and this is not something that we plan on implementing in the foreseeable future and will be setting the status to closed, to match our new Idea Exchange statuses.

More info on why the idea has been closed can be found here.