Burn a playlist to a CD

I think it would be extremely nice to burn a playlist onto a CD. This would be a great idea for those who pay for Spotify Premium. If all this music is free and you can share it to anyone you want anyways then why not give the possibility of burning that playlist onto a cd. Good idea for those tht pay for premium anyways. SAY YES to a CD

Allowing songs to be burnt to a CD and played outside of Spotify wouldn't work for a number of reasons. It would mean that you could then cancel your subscription and still have access to the playlists. And we also wouldn't be able to keep track of song plays and compensate the artists accordingly. As such, you'd need to purchase the songs individually in order to burn them onto a CD I'm afraid (using external burning software).

Related Ideas

Comments
Richard
Roadie
Status changed to: Not Implementable
Allowing songs to be burnt to a CD and played outside of Spotify wouldn't work for a number of reasons. It would mean that you could then cancel your subscription and still have access to the playlists. And we also wouldn't be able to keep track of song plays and compensate the artists accordingly. As such, you'd need to purchase the songs individually in order to burn them onto a CD I'm afraid (using external burning software).
Shabukin

Well with the same argument, could someone who has the spotify mobile app simply turn off internet and use the playlists offline without connecting again. A spotify CD would be an idea, which we can buy( i would be happy to pay), so only that CD can be burnt. I have used spotify for years now and would really like a way to play these tracks through my CD player to save me switching my PC on every time! :)

grobennett
Regular

I will be cancelling my spotify account  I cannot believe that you cant have your playlists on a CD to play in the car or at a party etc

I only joined paying the premium account so it can be used offline and I assumed you would be allowed to play your tracks on a CD.  OUTRAGEOUS and UNFAIR

I'm an in home LPN, which means I'm always in my car. I do not have an audio jack, there is ZERO possibility of connecting any content fromm my phone to my car speakers. I REALLY can't burn a playlist, even though I pay for a premium subscription??? I think I should be able to at least BUY some extra disk space, or something. I thought premium would be CONVENIENT and UNLIMITED... guess what, I FEEL LIMITED!!