COMPARE MUSICAL PREFERENCES OPTION

A great way to make spotify more social would be to add an option to compare musical preferences with other users or friends, similiar to the compare books feature on Goodreads.com.

Updated: 2015-04-06

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

thexwarlord
Regular

Yes, I would love this feature! 

toshio
Casual Listener

I agree, a feature like this would make Spotify even more social. And the foundation for such a feature is already in place. I can't say how easy it might be to introduce a feature like this because I'm not a programmer, but hear me out.

Spotify already identifies which songs you have "Saved" to "Your Music", and these are marked when viewing your friend's playlists.

If you could filter out the unmarked songs, it would be easier to find specific tunes that you both enjoy.

Down the road, you may even be able to compare "Your Music" to "Your [Friend's] Music". To avoid embarrassment over explicit songs, you could limit what your friends see to songs that you both have "Saved", via Privacy Settings. It would be even greater if you could compare music between three or more people at once.

Ultimately, such a feature would help you to easily find out what kind of music to play with a new acquaintance, or when you want to just play songs that everybody in a mixed crowd will enjoy.

Hope to see something like this soon!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-04-06

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!