Cache Offline Tracks

Occasionally, when I am using Spotify on multiple devices, offline access for one of my devices gets revoked. I normally just mark the playlists for offline use again, but Spotify downloads all of the tracks again, meaning that I use around 600MB of internet.

This is unnacceptable, as 600MB is a lot, and it takes ages to download, especially on my measily mobile broadband connection. This happens on both the desktop and mobile clients.

So my idea is that the clients shouldn't redownload tracks - they should keep them there until they are manually deleted, so that people don't have to download them again.

I did search, but couldn't find a duplicate. Sorry if it is 😕

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

They are deleted to make sure you are not using more than 3 devices for offline use which is part of their agreement with record deals. 

Peter__
Community Legend

I guess Matt is right, if they just cached and reloaded instantly that the 3 device limit doesn't really apply does it? You could just constantly cycle through all of your devices.

Peter

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Liam
Community Legend
Not fair...