Can spotify make users able to switch back to the older version

I disliked the new update, I'm sick and tired of its inconvenience and the new problems that came up with the new version. The webpage looks older and is even messier. I don't think users disliked the old version since it is clean, fashionable, and convenient. However, I am certain that users disliked the new update. I can't understand why none of the spotify workers think this new update is better than the old one. For a user that had been using spotify for years, and have used it to listen to musics for at least over ten thousands of hours, I am very dissappointed at the new update. My only request is to let us be able to switch back to the older versions, so that people could use their favorite spotify version and have a good time, thank you.

Updated on 2021-06-11

Hey @_shrek_ 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 6: “No requests for complete roll-backs. - If you don’t like a certain update you’re welcome to let us know, constructively, how you feel about it. You could start a new topic in the relevant Help section and outline the things you agree or disagree with. This will likely also invite others to come and give their thoughts and now we’ll have a dialogue going.”

Feel free to submit your ideas again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
_shrek_
Casual Listener

23CF404E-4AAF-4079-8D42-18800BDF3869.png

Thats how often I listen to spotify.

mannes2111
Casual Listener

100% agree. The current version (1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a) is trash. I can't properly select and move / remove tracks between and from playlists. 

jellippy
Casual Listener

Being able to switch back to an older version would be so nice if they can't implement the updates like bringing back date-added columns etc, honestly after having used this app for so many years this is so disappointing. 

Jeremy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-11

Hey @_shrek_ 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 6: “No requests for complete roll-backs. - If you don’t like a certain update you’re welcome to let us know, constructively, how you feel about it. You could start a new topic in the relevant Help section and outline the things you agree or disagree with. This will likely also invite others to come and give their thoughts and now we’ll have a dialogue going.”

Feel free to submit your ideas again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.

Related Ideas