[CarPlay] Search within Spotify

Currently, I can only browse saved artists, playlists I've created or curated playlists from Spotify in the CarPlay app. Please also turn on the ability to search the catalog as it severely limits the functionality of the app in CarPlay and forces users to be unsafe and use the app on their phone while driving to enjoy Spotify fully.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Doublelegs

New idea?

Give me a break....

If that option wasnt top 3 on the requirement list in version 1.0, I'd be hugely surprised. 

Seriously Spotify, whats going on? Why is search not possible in Apple Carplay?

Russmayes

What a shock to find this on first use of the CarPlay app, unless I'd found this post I would of been convinced it had an error in the app. Come on Spotify sort it out 

crankster

The inability to search when using the IOS app with carplay is considered a 'new idea' !

Seriously !

Please add this. I'm sure many users are having to use their phones to search which is unsafe.

kopperud22

Without a search function, spotify on carplay is pretty useless. I don't always want to listen to my playlists, sometimes I want to listen to a certain artist or song. Please make it possible to search spotifiy in carplay.

rockthecasbah

Yes please **bleep** this is so annoying. Why can't you search??? Saved artists is so limiting...

natx

Totally agree. +1

rmjo
Regular

I agree, this is a fundamental flaw that the search function is missing!

mikko76

Really Spotify??? This should be fixed already!! Please!

Synthesthesia

Went to search using car play and I ended up looking everywhere since I was convinced it must have one somewhere... Nope. That's one of the dumbest design decisions I've seen. Fix it please.