[CarPlay] Search within Spotify

Currently, I can only browse saved artists, playlists I've created or curated playlists from Spotify in the CarPlay app. Please also turn on the ability to search the catalog as it severely limits the functionality of the app in CarPlay and forces users to be unsafe and use the app on their phone while driving to enjoy Spotify fully.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
nedwilson

This, to me, is a glaring omission. Having to get out the phone and use it to search is not only cumbersome, it's a safety hazard as people will do it while driving.

Ppeelen

This is something I really feel is missing as well. The Spotify app in my Volvo _does_ include search, however I use carplay for everything else. Besides... the spotify app in my volvo doesn't repsect the change of music when the car was not active. 

I'd really love to have this functionality too!

davidsmart

the ability to browse using the artist / album name via keyboard is needed (as in apple music)

Jcmanecolo

Ridiculous to have it as a new idea. We are talking about safety in a car that affect people life 

pipapo

Might be an issue due to 3rd party integration into Apple CarPlay.

Or: a general problem with Apple as you are not allowed to search manually for a destination within Apple Maps when using it over CarPlay. Only Siri function is available and that is often not working at all as Apple Maps lacks on updates and map informations.

Was my personal fault: keyboard in Apple Maps at least is available. But the handbreak needs to be engaged (safty issue).

But the handbrake signal has no impact on Spotify. No search button pops up as on Apple Maps.

At least a single option would be nice like „Discover Artist“ or „Play more from Artist“

Doublelegs
? No ... it is for sure possible to search in Apple maps with keyboard.
At least on my Volvo and Iphone X.
Ppeelen

Also, SiriKit:

https://developer.apple.com/sirikit/

Next week I'm going to check out wether Apple Music allows search on Carplay, if so, I will be ending my Spotify Premium Subscription.

Badger_84

Come on, this is rediculous that this function is not available! Spotify please sort ot out!

boo-zi

I can’t stress the urgency of that issue. The Search function is a ‘must have’. Can’t believe that it considered new idea to you. It have to be due to some limitation from apple that it isn’t there already. 

s-911aub_py9q

How is it possible that the search function is missing and it is not possible to use SIRI either to make the spotify song search

This is a joke.

Just switched from a ONE plus phone to a Iphone X, and I regret it so much. OK Google search on spotify and google maps where working like a dream on android Auto. On apple carplay you have MAPS and a spotify that does not work. You have drivers that are dangerous on the road because of this....think about it

Spotify and Apple - you are loosing so many customers on this matter.