[CarPlay] Voice Command in CarPlay

The new in-app voice search/command in the iOS app is fantastic and works great. You should add a tab in carplay that allow for voice searches and commands. 

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
raulg45bdn

Implement this ASAP please!!!

Ketchup1021
Casual Listener

Up on this. Its currently 2019 and no update from spotify 😞

bendyminge
Yeah, not cool this Spotify. Why no update?!
sezduck
Regular

I agree with all of the above.  The voice search in app works great.  All you need to do is add a microphone button in carplay, just like Google Maps does.

This is not only a convenience feature, it is a safety feature as well.

I've been commenting & adding my support to community threads suggesting in-car (i.e. carplay) voice search support for about a year now.  The lack of any real response or update is very disappointing.

Please help your loyal paid users by providing some transparency on this matter.  Please move this to the top of the backlog.  This is not a minor "nice to have" feature.  It is a core feature that your customers expect in 2019.

Thank you.

Psychoscott
Visitor

I love this idea. It's hard to select music safely in Spotify when using it with Carplay

pistermibb
Visitor

I believe this is now woking with the new iOS 13 update.

pnk3
Nope. I have iOS 13 and the new iPhone 11 Pro and it is still not working correctly.
Adamreading1

Thanks mate just tried it and works perfectly. I did have to switch my phone on and off earlier to get the google maps link to Spotify to work (you get music controls in maps then) and got your notification about voice control working with Siri. I said "play "blah"'playlist from Spotify" and Siri asked me to allow access to Spotify data, and after that it's worked perfectly!!!

jamrolu
Casual Listener

I think this idea was integrating Spotify's own search within the Spotify CarPlay app, not allowing the use of Siri, which isn't particularly reliable!

CW94
Visitor

I really want to be able to say, "Spotify, add this song to X playlist." So I can more easily save songs when driving. 

Related Ideas