'Check Out Later' Section

Hi good folks

This is my shoutout to see if there is an interest to add a new feature:

A "CHECK LATER" section where you can drag and drop artists, albums, playlists or news/notifications - and then you can go back later and check them out, listen, save, add them to lists or whatever.

As there sadly is no "open in new tab" feature in Spotify, I miss the possibility to do something like this when I am looking for something specific, and discover something else on the way..

This could be similar to "add to queue" feature, but just be a dump of stuff I want to look in to at a later time. 

As I am very interested in notifications, and they now are nearly gone, it is increasingly difficult to do snooping and searching, and multitasking is becoming to hard, as I have only a back/forth attempt to my findings. Stuff I find on the way is either forgotten or lost.

I unfortunately have limited storage in the top section of my head, and need to divide things out in time.

When browsing, the additional CHECK LATER menu on rightclick etc would facilitate adding artists, playlists, profiles etc quickly, and one wouldn't have to add loadsof songs etc one haven't looked into yet, to a playlist dedicated for this. It would be much smoother to add this way. It could also be possible for friends to send tracks etc to another friend's CHECK OUT section.

check later c.jpg

Items in this section could be sorted like in SEARCH, with groups of Artists, Albums, Playlists, Profiles etc.

check later b.jpg

Please consider something of this nature?

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Roadie

@Eiler - Hi

As Spotify fails to give us a full history I used to maintain a TO CHECK playlist and a PLAYED list just to keep track of what I had played, plus another playlist called BEST from that list. This also involved remembering to delete tracks from my TO CHECK list when I heard them.

It all became too much, so I deleted them. At that time I started playing a whole lot more music offlne, having realised I was spending too much time just trying to maintain playlists and not enough time actually listening to the music. 

Last.FM has gone drastically downhill, but I still miss all the user history features from the old days (4-5 years ago) and wish they were possible in Spotify.

Sadly, I fear Spotify is becoming more and more of a glorified radio station for most users, to the detriment of those who love to pay full attention to the music offered and enjoy keeping records.

Neverthess, I hope you get some good support here, starting with mine. 🙂

PS  I don't know if you have seen this and it's not quite the same as your proposal, but you might be interested to see this older Idea and form your own opinion of its usefulness if we had it restored :

Display Total Historical Plays

Community Legend

Thanks @saved!

we need some kudos on this to have a chance of implementing it, otherwise the idea will disappear!

🙂

Roadie

@Eiler

When I replied previously I had a feeling there was an Idea I had supported recently that you might be interested in, but couldn't remember its title.

Found it - Differentiate Between Listened Song.....

That was a re-post of an "Inactive Idea".

From watching Ideas with interest for a while, I believe that most people only look at them if they happen to show in Latest Posts, where they drop down the list faster than a brick in quicksand unless someone adds a comment to bump it for a short time.

Comments keep Ideas alive, so here's another bump for you. 🙂

Community Legend

You are absolutely correct @saved, thanks for the bump!

regd the other idea, I had allready kudosed that, thanks for the tip tho!

You might also like this idea: "Recently added to playlists" in profile headings" 🙂

Music Fan

As a holdover, you could make a folder and call it "To Listen", and put new songs and playlists into that.  That's what I've done in the past.

ES

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-05-05

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea

Community Legend

When browsing, the additional CHECK LATER menu on rightclick etc would facilitate adding artists, playlists, profiles etc quickly, and one wouldn't have to add loadsof songs etc one haven't looked into yet, to a playlist dedicated for this. It would be much smoother to add this way.

It could also be possible for friends to send tracks etc to another friend's CHECK OUT section.

Music Fan

Hi guys 🙂 I'm glad to see someone beat me to the punch. Somehow I totally missed this post when searching.

I was thinking this could be in the form of a second branch of "Your Music", but I like the way you have it thought out. The big thing for me is an album view, so that 1) I'm not staring at an unmanageable list of text, and 2) saving and deleting full albums to and from the list is quick and easy.

I'm a bit new here. Has this community of shared ideas had much influence on new features in the past?

Community Legend

Thanks for the feedback @etudes!

You should indeed share your ideas in this community - if they are viable ideas and get enough kudos's and grow in demand, chances are that they come into concideration somewhere down the line.

Thanks again!

This would be awesome. I also have been thinking about it lately.