Columnless Space saving on smaller screens, remove hard columns option.

Columnless mode. Screen space efficiency for smaller desktop screens.

This saved space can then be used to add even more features and information on one screen without scrolling.

This could be default, or it could be an option. But the idea is to remove columns, to save space on smaller screen for desktop application, while also showing more text at the same time.

It's a pretty simple idea.

Let's say we have this songs. This is how it looks now.

Seven Nation Army        | The White St...| 3:51| Elephant          |3 Days

If I'm James Dean, you...| Sleeping Wit...| 4:11| With Ears To Se...|10 Months

Notice all the wasted space and very abbreviated titles.

Instead, with removing columns, it would compactify the spacing for every song.

3 Days 3:51 + Seven Nation Army | The White Stripes | Elephant         

10 Mos 4:11 + If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn | Sleeping With Sirens | With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear

Full titles, Readable, and much more space efficient.

You can see I put far left terms that are always similar in text size. Age, Time, and Saved. This makes it easier to follow assumed columns, until album names and bands, start getting really long. 

This idea meshes with my other idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Give-us-ability-to-sort-songs-by-Artist-but-then-Alpha...

To provide fuller titles, and more ogranized, without giving up anything but empty space.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!