[Community][Discover] My kid's bedtime music is destroying my Discover Weekly

So, one of the things that has made me an ongoing paid subscriber this past year was the Discover Weekly playlists.  For a long time, they were spot on, building off my tastes to give me new music I might not have otherwise encountered.

Then, however, I started using my Spotify account to play lullaby music to help my 1-year-old fall asleep.  This was initially great, except now, for the past month, every new Discover Weekly playlist I get is all baby music.  I get why the algorithm thinks this is what I like because his music plays for 8 hours through the night, buttttttt, it's just for that use, to put him to sleep.  It's not really part of my regular listening diet, and it's been disappointing this past month because of how much I used to look forward to each month's new mix.  I feel like an appropriate fix could be a feature for me to let the algorithm know that I did not want the mix that it made me for four weeks running, or, alternatively, a button I could push to ask whatever algorithm puts this stuff together to ignore the lullabies when making new mixes.  I know this probably doesn't seem like a big problem, but it feels easily adjustable and would return a feature of Spotify that I was really loving.  Thanks.

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thank you for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

There's already a similar feature on Spotify that allows you to listen anonymously. You can start a Private Session and that way the content won't influence your music recommendations, i.g. your different Mix playlists. 

For more details on that, make sure to take a look at this Support Article

There are also similar Ideas that have already been suggested here:

If that's something you would like to see in the Spotify app, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally, even if it's currently marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Comments
EncephaliticArt

I have had a similar thing happen where the algorithm picked up on something I didn't want it to. It was never a big issue for me to find a solution to, but does "private listening" or whatever they call it help?

I'm not 100% if it works like that though, or if it just hides your activity from your friend stream.

Visitor

I have a similar problem where I recently used Spotify "sleep music" to help with a sleep issue. Now my DW List is nothing but sleep songs. For the past four weeks I have not used sleep music, hidden every song on the DW playlist, and listened to more of the music I like than usual. After four weeks it has had no effect on the playlist. I used to really enjoy DW but now it is useless.  

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thank you for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

There's already a similar feature on Spotify that allows you to listen anonymously. You can start a Private Session and that way the content won't influence your music recommendations, i.g. your different Mix playlists. 

For more details on that, make sure to take a look at this Support Article

There are also similar Ideas that have already been suggested here:

If that's something you would like to see in the Spotify app, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally, even if it's currently marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Related Ideas