Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Please make genderstar in german language optional

Hello Team,

as i wrote in the subject, i would like to request you to create a second kind of german language setting, one "traditional german" option and one "gender sensitve" option for those who like this more than the traditional german.

For me i have to say that the gender sensitive variant of the german language is really hard to read and gives with every star within the words an opstacle.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Thomas

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
TristanDE

100% Agreed! 🤝

Petersenniels

Ja endlich ! So verdammt wichtig

Chosen_of_mars
Spotify hat der Post geschlossen. They closed it because they have agenda

It would actually already help to have the option to switch at least to English within the app. At the moment the only way is to change the language in Android which is a litte too much for just one App.

OscarDC
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-01-23

Hey folks

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it! The idea may have the “closed” status, but it's still open for voting and Spotify will look into it if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

The crazy thing is next to all the stuff already mentioned: in case of bands it doesn't even make sense in a grammatically way. A group can not be "Künster*in" in singular. This is just false German. It must be at least plural. Just "Künstler" circumvents the problem as it is singular and plural at the same time (you can't tell without the article). Well, but even "Künstler*innen" sounds just so stupid as a band as a group of musicians is typically without gender. Please Spotify, don't spoil our youth with this nonsense German. 

OscarDC
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-01-24

Hey @Expilot,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here, we'd recommend taking a look at it's Status for more info.

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

Cheers!

Ihr alle, die eine Option zum Abschalten fordert, habt es nicht verstanden. Es ging nie darum, dass die Verfechter der Gendersprache sich angesprochen fühlen möchten - die haben ihr Handy wahrscheinlich eh auf Englisch gestellt, um sich als Kosmopoliten vom deutschen Pöbel abzusetzen. Nein, es geht darum, dass auch ihr Kritiker es täglich sehen MÜSST - es ist ein Kampf um die Hoheit über die Sprache, und die Aktivisten gewinnen gerade.

Seht es als Anreiz, den Konsum zurückzufahren und etwas für schlechtere Zeiten zurückzulegen. Nur am besten nicht in ETFs anlegen, denn deren woke Provider forcieren mit den gesammelten Stimmrechten dann genau die Agenda, um die es hier im Thread geht.

Musicmanto

If you don't dare to remove this incorrect and hard to read German, at least make it optional. Not only aliens will thank you but also people with limited vision and people loving and understanding German grammar. Thank you! 

2n3n21qsxmigha6e78fc

Imagine getting a lot of votes, even if the case was closed, then stating that it didn't reach votes. And when the community decides to reach in new ideas regarding this concern, Spotify closes them cause "one post didn't reach so they won't too". What is this dumb ass logic?

Product of company #1 didn't sell very well so product of company #2 won't either. Tf man?

Y'all are just way too connected to cancel culture snowflakes. The votes on these ideas are through the roof!

But instead of admitting it and fckn program that option, y'all be stubborn af and keep discriminating handicapped people.

GG Spotify, I'm finally out. Y'all never see a single penny of me, ever again.

Hacked app and Fildo will do the trick just fine. Don't need to pay for music. And won't from now on. I ain't supporting this sick idiotlogy.