[Community][Playlists] Blend refresh

The feature of blend has been great for me, however when you listen to it a couple of times the algorithm seems a little boring. It would be great if the songs were changed, maybe every time you finish listening to the playlist or even a refresh button would be great. 

Updated on 2021-09-12

Hey @aquezada111 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-12

Hey @aquezada111 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

First, love the new “Blend” feature! I’ve got three Blends going right now. I’ve noticed that the songs on these Blends largely stay the same, but the order is just shuffled around. I’m wondering if there is a way to ensure that the songs on the playlist are actually updated more frequently? Thank you!

Jocey_Chan

I absolutely love the concept of the blends with friends, however, after a while of the same songs it gets very tiring and simply boring. Making the blend playlist like the radio playlist where if you scroll down more songs keep appearing would be absolutely amazing. Currently, the blends that are made with friends are very limited and not always accurate. For example, if I listened to one song once it appears in the blend there as if I have listened to it plenty of times and liked but that was not the case. Adding a feature where you can just keep scrolling so more songs can pop out or refresh daily would be nice! Also adding more to the blend stories like top song or genre instead of just the artist.

6HosT

Hello to everyone!

Quite sad, Family Mix is leaving Spotify, this was one of the best playlists a features that we have adored and loved in our Family!

When Blend appeared - have tried out, added one of the Family member, and we started to listen to different music. And, when we are trying to open this Blend mix, we are seeing the same songs for already 3 month.

Does this is a feature or a bugged feature?

As to return to Family Mix - this playlist is updating with different songs, that you play daily, and sometimes - It gets right. 

Unfortunately Blend - still don’t have this liability.

Would be really nice to see something new after some time in this Personalized Playlist, called “Blend”.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Elias

smapdi

Blend is a cool idea that is absolute garbage in practice. I have been getting the same mix of 50 or so tracks for a couple weeks. Yeah, they change some here and there, but the new songs are just songs that used to be in the blend and came back. Spotify doesn't seem to be adding tracks it thinks both users would like, nor does it seem to be mixing in many new tracks AT ALL every day like it is described as doing. Hearing the same 50 tracks mixed up from one day to the next gets old real fast. It is as if Spotify found 50 songs you both like and that was all it decided to pull from for eternity. 

I want to see a blended playlist actually pull in a mix of random songs from each others play history that are of shared styles, even if they are just recommendations for the both of you. I have a 90% similarity with someone but we just keep getting hit with the virtually same mix every day.

Feedback3

Hi there! How many additional votes are required for this to open again and become a live idea? It looks like we can’t resubmit the idea since it was already submitted once, but it’s also currently closed on here. An update on how to properly encourage votes and move this forward would be excellent. 

eexttb_qw-7n

Definitely something that needs fixing. My daughter and I play our blend playlist on driving lessons but we’re finding its always the same songs which gets very boring. A refresh button would be great as would playing songs we’ve listened to recently rather than songs from years ago!