Announcements

[Community][Playlists] Making Collaborative playlists INVITE ONLY

Lately I have noticed that my playlist with my friends have been getting raided by these bots that worship Pesukone. Like this hasn't been a problem but all of a sudden they started adding 30-40 songs throughout our playlists and I looked on reddit and this is a pretty common issue, but y'all decide to ignore it. Invite only collaborative playlists should have been a thing from the beginning. I hope this problem gets fixed ASAP. Put an end to the pesukone cult. Thanks!

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey @Koldaddy,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

On another note, the right teams are aware of the specific issue you mentioned and are currently looking into it. 

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Lekomma

Yeah man, I got the same issue and it’s soooo annoying. Let’s hope that this idea gets a lot votes!

This is becoming more and more of a pain for maintainers of collaborative playlists. God-awful cheesy low-fi "music" keeps flooding my carefully hand-picked playlists on a regular basis these days, but I want my friends to be able to edit these playlists.

Come on, Spotify - you know we-ve been asking for invite-only playlists for YEARS.

Martyx

I have the same issue. I have collaborative playlist with my friends which have also Spotify Premium but now I found that somebody which we don't know adding random music to our playlist. Why is this possible? Why it's not possible to make a collaborative playlist only with people which I follow? It's not hard to implement this feature. I saw that a lot of people have a similar problem but there are no solution.

I am adding a photo where some "girl" adding and adding some random music into our playlist. wth why and why Spotify doesn't make some security steps? We have a Spotify Premium for a lot of years and this is a big problem for us.

spotify (first).PNG

After a few days another bot spammed my playlist again:

spotify.png

Please fix this problem ASAP. Or a lot of Premium users will go to other platform because of this issue.

Thank you.

Eni
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey @Koldaddy,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

On another note, the right teams are aware of the specific issue you mentioned and are currently looking into it. 

Thanks for understanding.