[Community][Podcasts] A platform wide misinformation policy

I think that being able to access podcasts from all sorts of people on spotify is fantastic, but I am concerned by the fact that podcasts which have been proven multiple times to be spreading seriously harmful misinformation are permitted to be on this platform. I used to listen to the Joe Rogan Experience quite regularly, but when he started taking his stance against all the science and evidence piling up regarding the Covid virus, pandemic, and vaccination programs, I stopped. Many people did not though and they continue to listen to his anti-vax rhetoric and are potentially being convinced by it. This slows the rate at which people become vaccinated, increases the spread of Covid, overwhelms our hospitals and prolongs this stupid pandemic. I realize the the JRE probably makes a load of cash for Spotify, but they should think about the big picture here, be a responsible business, and either drop the JRE show or insist that he stops using his platform to propagate ideas that have been proven time and time again to be false.  

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey @aharbicht,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

If you have questions on our Content policies for creators, you can find more information in our Newsroom article here.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
MutualDisdain

> they continue to listen to his anti-vax rhetoric and are potentially being convinced by it... This slows the rate at which people become vaccinated, increases the spread of Covid, overwhelms our hospitals and prolongs this stupid pandemic.

The CDC has released facts this month that would have gotten you banned from YT and Twitter if you had posted them last year.

We just found out this week, thanks to a large Brazilian study and previously leaked DARPA documents that Ivermectin is a very effective prophylactic against covid infection and hospitalization.

Yet for over a year any doctor who has advocated for or prescribed the medicine has been attacked, ridiculed, and silenced. Imagine how many people have needlessly been hurt or killed because this effective drug was not allowed into the public discourse. 

Instead of multiple avenues to attack and defeat the disease we were only given one big pharma solution. This has killed far more people than any misinformation you believe has been released.

In fact your post is asking Spotify to suppress potential life saving information and risk millions more when the next crisis hits. I appeal to your humanity and ask that you stop.

Neither your opinion nor mine is sacrosanct. Rigorous debate is necessary to discern the veracity of what we think we know as s society. Do you really think you're any more intelligent than the average listener? How can your opinion survive listening to the show but somehow others are too vacant to make the same determinations you have?

skeeler

When considering weather it is wise to listen to a source such as ROGAN you should also remember that even Hitler and the **bleep**( if you believe in that) said some useful and truthful things, that doesn't mean they are worthy sources of info. 

Ver
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey @aharbicht,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

If you have questions on our Content policies for creators, you can find more information in our Newsroom article here.

Thanks for understanding.