[Connect] Add refresh button to scan for network devices

Most ideas are created as a solution to some sort of problem.. let me give you mine:

Problem: 

After reconnecting my device to my home network by wi-fi, my Spotify App is unable to discover my chromecast and other Spotify streaming enabled devices.

I have to (force) close, or sometimes even restart my device in order for it to find my chromecast.

Idea 1: 

Add a "Refresh" -button to the "available devices" list.

Even though the app would scan for new devices once tapped on the "available devices" list, the user does not know this. So, in reality, it looks like the app is doing nothing.

Idea 2:

Add a spinner somewhere on the page, to let the user know the app is actually searching for devices.

In short:

- Add a refresh button to start discovering other devices.

- Add some sort of visual feedback that the app is actuall scanning for other devices.

Device:

Samsung S7 Edge, Android 7.0.

Affects:

Unknown, but let's assume more Android users.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-09-07

Marked as new idea.

Craig_W

I would love to see this feature as soon as possible. I'm glad that I recently found the work-around: hold down on spotify in my notification area and click that app, force stop and then relaunch. That is a pain! A small refresh icon on the screen where the available device list resides would bring me much joy.

ICaptnBob
Casual Listener

This will really be helpful. I almost always have to restart Spotify to refresh the list of devices when I get home. Yamaha Music cast on my phone shows the three Yamaha devices, but not Spotify on my phone. I have to kill it and start again.

This is really frustrating.

A refresh button will be really helpful.

caroga
Casual Listener

Would love to hear any updates on the matter. Having it tagged "New Idea" on 2017-09-07 is the latest we know of. 

@Marco could you maybe give us some insight on this, like maybe if it has been placed on some sort of roadmap or jira board ? 

Anything would be appreciated.

AbstractLabs
Music Fan

The devices button is like an overweight house cat it likes to roam the house looking like it might be useful but its really just looking for you clean up the mess left over after priorities and timelines half executed. So the next time you have to connect, reconnect and unplug your Onkyo stereo, or hard reset the Chromecast audio for the 100th time think of scooping up that fresh :pile_of_poo:with the fickle green-eyed creature staring back at you dispassionately.  I love Spotify and its the music that has kept me feeding and scooping.. for years now. I am not sure what shenanigans go on behind the curtain, but it seems like consumers take a back seat to big ideas. I have watched as apps and social features come and go, my loved playlist disappear then come back all in the name of progress. While simple things like being able to actually listen to music on a Stereo, Speaker or streaming device seem left untouched, untested and unreliable. This community is here and we are trying to help but how about serving us a little instead of surveying us :cat:

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.