Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Change Device Name in Device List

We need to be able to configure the display name of devices in the "Devices" list in spotify. This doesnt have to be a feature available on every devices, maybe even a setting only available on the website so it has the most coverage if its an issue implementing it everywhere.

But 

This Phone

DESKTOP-I59JLM2

ECHO-4F0 Speaker

GWDD-PBWETYX

Galaxy S6

As a list sucks. Its a fairly basic usability feature to have that list as

This Phone

Gaming PC

Upstairs Echo

Work

Paula's Phone

Which would make the selection of a device to control/listen on far easier.

Thanks.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
fafaadriane7

I also have the same problem with my Huawei ?ate 9. It is only showing my model number instead of the device name on my phone. Tried changing the bluetooth name as suggested and also the android device manager suggestion, didn't work. Hope spotify makes solution ASAP.

MarkAM

Hi,  This is really irritating because the order of the devices seems to change, so you cannot tell which is which from one day to the other.

It would be good to either read the device name or allow us to edit the names of the connected devices in our account section.

Scooch

Another vote, seems Spotify is lagging behind others in recognising the correct device names..

DJDavid98

PLEASE implement this.

thumesh

It already would help if Spotify just displays the IP-Address behind the name of the device.

This should be a very easy to implement feature and helps a lot of people!

Hondas2k

couldnt agree more!!

spotify please hurry up with this...

Rob : )

knicotera

+1 This is a huge nusciance for me as well. If I pick the wrong Amazon FireTV it'll turn my tv on upstairs and I 1) won't realize until hours later what happened or 2) have to go upstairs to turn it off and come back down hoping I choose the correct Amazon FireTV the second time around. Please fix this.

Cornerbreaker

Absolutely needed basic feature. Time to fix this soon. 

EddyR
paultantk

come on Spotify, we really need this feature.