Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Change Device Name in Device List

We need to be able to configure the display name of devices in the "Devices" list in spotify. This doesnt have to be a feature available on every devices, maybe even a setting only available on the website so it has the most coverage if its an issue implementing it everywhere.

But 

This Phone

DESKTOP-I59JLM2

ECHO-4F0 Speaker

GWDD-PBWETYX

Galaxy S6

As a list sucks. Its a fairly basic usability feature to have that list as

This Phone

Gaming PC

Upstairs Echo

Work

Paula's Phone

Which would make the selection of a device to control/listen on far easier.

Thanks.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
MalleMalo

Please make this happen !

Angelina-Malo

Please give us that useful feature.

Sabrina_DL

This must be a feature at the first time.

pokerchallenge

This is crazy that we still can't do this.

markmarkmark

this needs to be fixed. that, or you'll make a lot of people switch to amazon unlimited music. the device already has its own name, this should be used.

luck-us

i noticed that the name on one of my echo dots change from an easily identifiable  name "computer room" to some unknown letter code, "AEOBC."  Why/How did this occur and how can I change it back?  The device still is named "computer room" in my ALEXA app. so I can't change it there.

DecayedChain

It would be fantastic if it would update echo names. I had one that I had called "bedroom" as it WAS in that room. It is since been moved to another room and renamed "office" when a new echo was purchased and named "bedroom" spotify connect. I now have 2 "bedroom' named devices... and no foreseeable way to update that...

sweeny3

Hi my device lists for my 3 devises  only list them all as android even though 1 of them is an Amazon fire tablet. The very least I would expect is that Spotify would at least allow me see the device make so that I could decide which 1 to delete etc.. for example HTC m8, Samsung s8 , Amazon fire. This is a basic expectation otherwise having a devise list is useless and meaningless. Please make this devise list more useful. Thanks 

ekatelon

255BE57C-B006-4E8B-847D-857ADF945E06.png

All of these devices have different names, but Spotify won’t show them. This makes it really difficult and inconvenient to connect to Spotify, music is often played in the wrong room which can be annoying when you live with other people. This has been a problem for years please fix it!

mdut

This feature request is open for almost 3 years now. Shame on you Spotify for not implementing such a basic and easy to develop function that would improve the usability for users of amazon devices dramatically. We’re at the brink of 2019. Time

for some New Year’s resolutions. Shipping this feature soon should be one of them.