Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
talon

Same here. Considering the product "broken" until this gets fixed.

I, too, am a spotify premium memeber and have been so for several years.  Any device i use that's "online" randomly stops and changes tracks. This needs to be patched IMMEDIATELY or provide us with an older version of spotify that doesn't have this issue. 

t_gold

WTH Spotify? As other people mentioned earlier, this should be considered as a bug, not a feature. Why would someone want their playlist to randomly change in the middle of listening because they happened to connect another device that had Spotify open?

Right now my phone is always on offline mode because of this "feature" since I don't want it to mess up my laptop play order. This means that every time I want to listen to an online playlist on the phone I have to do all of this:

1. Make sure that I'm out of range from my home network (or that I closed spotify on my laptop)

2. turn off offline mode on the phone

3. listen to the online playlist

4. make sure to turn offline mode back on before I open my laptop

These 4 steps can be turned to 0 if you just let us disable auto connect...

Not Right Now? ... I assume that Spotify employees only have one device that has Spotify installed?

I have it on my Desktop PC, laptop, two phones and a tablet ... so when I start a track on my desktop, it opens the app on all my mobile devices (two phones and tablet) making all these unable to play anything else while I am at the PC.

I agree with others. This is not a feature request. It is bad design that should be fixed ASAP.

Swanny
Wouldn't it work better if the queue synced across all devices properly, so therefore you're not losing anything?
sladaloose

Please provide a functionality to disable Spotify Connect - probably only enable it for Premium users.

It makes sense, because of my use case:

- I a want to listen to audio books when I am driving car. I have a docked Samsung Galaxy S3 which stays in the car.

- I want to listen to chillout music when I am working using my Galaxy S5.

- At home I want to listen to current music in the TOP100 playlist using my iPad connected to my HiFi-Station

Don't understand me wrong. I don't want to listen music on all of the devices at the same time. I only want that the current track position is not overwritten by some automatics.

Thanks.

klaxian

I have only been able to test for a few hours, but the recent Android app update seems to have fixed the bugs related to Android 5.0 Lollipop for me at least.  There are still some quirks and Spotify Connect still cannot be disabled.  However, it no longer drains my phone battery nor interrupts desktop playback.  More testing is needed.  Can anyone else confirm?

mchaka

I wanna listen to different playlists with my phone and at home and now things get mixed up between them. I do not want to control my home audio system with my phone. I have other controls for that purpose. This connect feature is absolute piece of crap as it is now.

elentofly

Hi again, 

Last Friday my work laptop lost the network connection and the music started playing on my mobile phone (lovely user experience when you're in the office). A few minutes ago, I was listening to a playlist at work and, I don't know why, the list changed to the last thing I was listening on my mobile. 

Just out of curisity, are these also features?

Please, fix the Connect thing!

thai2000
CONNECT is driving me crazy . My cell phone is not an REMOTE ????