[Connect] Group AllPlay capable speakers within Connect menu

I have recently bought 3 Gramofon's that support the AllPlay framwork  - Great devices.  However in order to group and manage those devices i need to run a separate app.  Not really a big deal but swicthing between apps is always annoying.   

If the Spotify Connect UI were to allow grouping - you really would have a Sonos killer on your hands.  

We just want a clean UX, with everything to had in a single app.

I have to say Connect + AllPlay is great!  this would make it perfect.  And would also up the WAF

Thanks in advance - here hoping

Jon

Updated: 2016-05-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

QuackingPlums

I too bought a bunch of these Gramofon devices because lack of multi-room support from Spotify Connect forced me to look elsewhere. The Gramofons work well but as mentioned, it's not user friendly at all to require users to switch to a separate app just to setup groups (or indeed split groups back into individual speakers, say, after a big party). 

We can't be the only two owners of Gramofons - the project had almost 5,000 backers on Kickstarter! Where are you all? :-)

Aevermann
Casual Listener

Would also like to have different "groups" for existing speakers available. A little dassapointed as I need to ungroup my kitchen and living room before my girlfroiend can acces the kitchen or living room from her device. Also I sometime just want to play in the kitchen...

Is there any option to setup multiple groups?

Svenvdmeer
Regular

For the use of Gramofon (and other allplay speakers) it would be nice if you could use this:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/allplay-click-sdk

It should be possible to integrate this in the Spotify app to create groups of allplay speakers and change volume of entire groups or only part of groups.

alunsimpson

I vote for this as well. I have 4 gramofons around the house and the multi-room switching works brilliantly, but having to switch to the allplay apps to group and ungroup is a bit painful...and these apps are pretty clunky, particularly when compared to the smoothness of the spotify app and UI. Shouldn't have thought integrating the grouping functionality would be so difficult.

Also the idea of setting up multiple groups is a really good one.

steffen79

I really hope that this idea will come true.

I have 3 Panasonic Allplay Speakers and I hope that it will be possible to group them in the Spotify mobile and desktop app very soon.

Redders1

Please, please, please integrate allplay into Spotify.  As someone else said, this would then be a very serious competitor to Sonos.  I have 3 Gramofons.

Cerbfan
Yes please implement this. I have 4 Gramofons just now and will have 8 in the end and wiki be great if they could be grouped / in grouped from within Spotify.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-05-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!