[Connect] Multiple Accounts access same Device

It would be nice if all spotify premium users on the local network could use spotify connect to stream to a client (i.e pc connected to the speakers)

Now you can stream to the client only if you are logged in with the same account on the other devices. This is not that practical since there are usually more than one spotify user/account in the same household. Especially with the new spotify family being released.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi folks.

Thank you for your feedback.
At this time we do not have any plans to do this. If anything changes we'll come back here and post an update.

Comments
IGC
Hi, I have a Family Account. Within it, i have 2 separate accounts for myself (with separate emails). This is so that i can use Spotify at home and when not home, my kids can listen. Since i am logged in with a different account at work, i would like to be able to use Spotify at the same time, but I cant. Regardless of whether i am using a different family account, it does not allow me to use the devices at work for which i have used my main account previously. This is really frustrating. Does anyone have a solution? When will this be fixed? ( again - I am using 2 separate accounts at, 2 separate locations - within the family plan. )
Carpacho

Hi,

This idea is excellent and in fact, exists already using some custom services. The way they deal with it is just that when a new user connect to the device, it takes control of it. It straight forward and any other will be difficult to implement...

bibles
Casual Listener
Hi, can you list any of these external services?
Eray

We want this feature to be implemented for a long time, such as the Apple watch app :) Come on Spotify, you have to check your users' requests!

vtpetrov
Visitor

This would be the best feature ever!

We are a small office with speakers connected via raspberry pi.

Currently, only 1 person at a time can stream to the speakers.

If there was a way to add to a queue by different people and stream to the same output, that would be awesome.

marcel1774

Ok. What is the current status? I switched to the family subscription. But that didn' t solve all problems. Well it changed one problem into another one. My wife and I have both an android phone and tablet.  And we have a minix android device connected to our amplifier in the living room.

Now we want both be able to use our own phone to control spotify on the Minix android box.  But that box is only visible to the acount which is active on the spotify app on the minix. I thought it would be possible to control the minix. As long as it is on the same (wifi-)network. But apparently not.

What is the best way to solve this problem?

psychocandy4

+marcel1774 let me know if you ever solve it, we are looking for a similar solution for quite some time now :(

Jungle1Bob

The lack of family support makes Spotify Connect much less useful. We want our own accounts but we share plaback devices. Please?!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi folks.

Thank you for your feedback.
At this time we do not have any plans to do this. If anything changes we'll come back here and post an update.