Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Goodman
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Good idea. Let's see how many people agree with it 🙂
willzone1
I would love to be able to stream Spotify connect to multiple speakers at once! Why is that not already possible? The Connect video advertises filling your home with music, and I've got multiple rooms with Connect speakers, so I just don't see why it's not already possible. It'd be a nice workaround to iOS devices' limitation of playing to just one AirPlay speaker at once - a limitation iTunes lacks, BTW
jmorey54

This feature would make me a Spotify subscriber FOR LIFE.  As it stands, I'm a Spotify subscriber FOR NOW.

TJay

I also want to play the same music to multiple receivers simultaneously.  e.g. the same music in the living room, kitchen and bathroom simultaneously? Great for party's! And also to set the volume independently on different receivers from the control devices (e.g phone?).

This feature would ad so much to the Connect experience.

Cnt
Logged into the community just to be able to kudos this! Would be awesome, specially if you can control the volume from the player and not just the recievers! Thumbs up for this suggestion
s0mike
Just an idea: Combine video and audio sinks like the miracast standard. For example the tv is showing the cover or video and the speaker which is not connected to the tv play the audio! Would be a good solution against a center player architecture...
sloanfun

We really need to be able to use more than 1 speaker output.   Considering canceling subscription and using iTunes radio.   I like being able to use airplay / Bluetooth speaks all over the house for parties.   We have Apple TV, Airport Express and Bluetooth - so 1 output does not work for us.

@mechanimal82 wrote:

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

philz03

Great idea! I surely would love this function!

berndthebread

Here's another great use-case: If you have two devices with the spotify app you could use one as controller to let both play the same music simultaniously.

In my case I have two android tablets: One in the kitchen connect to speakers via cable and one in the living room connected via bluetooth to my hifi amplifier. I'd love to let them play the same songs at the same time to move from kitchen to the living room without interruption!

jpataylor

I'm currently designing a new home audio system. This feature would make spotify the obvious choice. At the moment Sonos is the favourite.