Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
FrostyOfTheNort

@Daniel wrote:
We definitely understand that this is a popular request, look at those votes, wow! This idea has been looked into thoroughly on multiple occasions and while we really would love to do this, due to the complexity it isn't in our timeline at the moment. As a result, we'd like to be clear that this won't be implemented in the near future and will set the idea's Status to closed for now.

This isn't the end though! We set ideas as closed to set expectations and be transparent on our near-term plans. A closed idea can always get reopened, be reconsidered or be right-out implemented. We believe maintaining a tidier list will improve the overview for everyone and improve visibility on what to and not to expect.

We'll keep revisiting this on regular intervals and if we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new Status.

Thank you and keep your feedback and ideas coming!

@daniel, why ask for feedback and ideas if something that is clearly important to so many of your customers is being ignored? 

And not just ignored, ignored for eight years?  The original post in this thread is from 2013...

Arch173ct

Seriously that’s your reply! Unbelievable! Out of all the ideas you have been implementing lately you believe this is the one that should be shelved? You created the most pointless device in car things in 2021 where almost all new cars have those features built in and old cars all have phone docks. You killed the car version of your app that was very useful and at the same time you ignore your paying customers and focus on ratings for podcasts and other useless features. Not to mention that other streaming services how now made hifi free while you haven’t even announced your pricing for Hifi yet. You really are becoming the joke of the music industry. Unbelievable! 

MRMASTERBLASTER
I second gvoniatlis1's reply.

Spotify: you will be overtaken by qobuz or others. Becoming complacent.
Magic_bean_music

Now I'm just saying if literally every device in my house was playing the same song, at the exact same time. If I could have both my PC and my TV play the same song in my room it'd be cool as **bleep**.  I might literally**bleep** myself if you guys could pull that off.

bad_dolphin

I think this is an excellent idea and would certainly greatly increase the value of our Adonis Premium account! Please consider reopening this!!!

Frenchmanremy

With today's technology and ability to connect multiple devices together through wi-fi within the same home network...

I'm surprised that this presents bigger challenges than it would rewards... 

bad_dolphin
Thanks for your interest. Airplay was the easiest solution which was “self-discovered” shortly after posting question.
bad_dolphin

The quickest current  solution is select Airplay in the devices list on Spotify. That allows you to then select multiple output devices including, in our case for example, a Denon receiver and its many connected speakers and a distant Sonos speaker or more.  Once you manually adjust relative volumes on the actual devices, your phone can then control all together as one system.

Frenchmanremy
For anyone that does not use apple products, this solution doesn't apply.
0-wor_yb8pian
The solution is to ditch Spotify and use Roon with Tidal or Qobuz. I’ve been monitoring this thread for a couple of years and have given up on Spotify. Roon is much better with better sound quality and it would help the music industry and podcasting too to do less with Spotify that likes to screw over artists and podcasters. But Roon takes some setup, some time, and some investment on nicer sound equipment but the music and yourself deserve it.