Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
salmone

I was just wondering if there is any progress with this feature. I know that this is unfortunately a very complicated feature to technically achieve but it would be amazing if it was done. So far all I can stream to both speakers is from my itunes library (which is limited) but if spotify could change that it would be awesome. I think you would find that this feature would definately set spotify apart from all the rest. 

dewgenenny

From my perspective this could be a game changer for spotify - at present the only truly viable multiroom audio solution is SONOS.... why doesn't Spotify look to get a slice of this highly lucrative business?

Support for Multiroom and an affordable connect compatible "spotify connector" and we'd be in heaven... as would you guys from the amount of business you generate 🙂

nadayassine

I would love that too! Sometimes I'm having a party at home and my ipod is plugged into my speakers but Ill have to run out to go get some things and want to play it from my car. If I play it from my car, then it'll turn off the music in my house. We pay premium so why not get it for multiple devices? 

nadayassine

Love this idea!

kellerbaum

Would love to have this.

z3nlo

I have been hoping for a solution for some time now but it appears that Spotify is looking to develop its own speaker systems rather than adding the function to work with all airplay speakers. I assumed that there would already be an app that allows multi room playback and bought 2 high end airplay speakers. Was gutted when I found out that you cant play direct from ios. I really dont want to have to run 2 devices to get multiroom through Airfoil. It looks like the airplay speakers will be traded for sonos if there isnt a solution soon. Shame because the speakers are great and were a bargain! Come On Spotify!! Listen to your customers and fans! - Or at least let us know if we are waiting in vain for you to solve this problem for us! 

Samsung improved this. They have something similar to Spotify Connect and this works in every speaker you get. At once. Sound of home - in every place possible. Never miss a beat!

I don't want to post link, Spotify may not allow it, because of ad???

Google for "Samsung Multiroom".

10394832_804779369540687_9184938355752579656_n.jpg

Täydellinen yhteenkuuluvuus is in English: Perfect togetherness (with music).

bfcgomes

Come on Spotify! Help us, it seems to be an easy improvement. Almost all music apps from ios can do this! I have an apple TV at every room and at the balcony off my apartment, sometimes I like to play them at the same time and I can´t do this with spotify :-(!

runicles

I was really hoping that I was going to find an easy answer to this question, Spotify seems so good in so many ways, but in this way it is lagging behind seriously

It cannot be impossible to stream data across a network, I am already doing so with itunes across two airport express and two apple tvs using the apple remote feature to both control volume and assing which speakers are on and off, 

please Spotify, help us out!

matthewg156

Come on, Spotify! Really poor that multi room audio is not available! Going to have to cancel my premium subscription and move to Sonos 😞 😞 😞