[Connect] My Spotify account connects to unknown devices. Massive security bug

Hi, 

Lately my spotify account has been connected to several Chrome web browser with my own account when I haven´t given anybody permission of my password to do so. Besides, I have changed my password and this keeps on happening. What kind of security do you have in this platform? Please, sort it out as soon as possible or provide a real customer service channel and not just this forum...

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey @friazular

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey @friazular

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)