[Connect] Podcast Support

Only music is supported for spotify connect and chromecast. Support for podcast would be much appreciated!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-17

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

paparen

I don't understand why this feature wasn't implemented. It would solve a lot of problems for me!

rimjpp

I would say it's technically no different from music. So Connect should be able to do this already.

I think they disabled this on purpose for some reason. 

hrrwsl

Any news on this? It's quite annoying that you can't play podcast on connect devices. Is there a reason why you disabled certain media from playing on connect?

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!