[Connect] Remember Shuffle & Repeat across Devices

I'll use this morning as an example. I find myself using Spotify on several different units and I usually play the last song I added to the playlist I want to listen to... you might see where this is going already.
So this morning as I go to start this song and have my morning-coffee and go about my routine, 3 and a half minute later I notice as the song ends "Huh, this next song isn't from this playlist?" which means I reached the end of the playlist and suggestions are now playing. I'm remembering that I went out for a drive last night and played music Spotify on my phone so I have to re-enable Shuffle and Repeat so it keeps playing my song. I think "alright" to myself, do it and go about my morning.

Then it's time to go to work, I hop into my car, start playing the most recent song I've added and after about 3 and half minute I find myself going "Nooooo, that's not my playlist Spotify! God damnit!". Finally there's a stop in traffic so I can re-enable Shuffle/Repeat once again.

10 minutes later, I arrive at my job, I go to my station, put on some tea and scroll through my new emails and tasks to do after I start playing the last song on my playlist. 3 and a half minutes later... "MOTHERF###ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is not a practical way to use your application/service, I hope you will consider adding an option to "remember playback settings across units", either enable it by default or have it in the advanced settings, but there needs to be an option for this.

Thanks for your time, have a wonderful summer <3
- Jonas

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey @QRDY 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey @QRDY 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)