Announcements

[Connect] USB Streaming via Spotify Stick

My idea is for spotify to release a USB plug in, like a chromcast of sorts. that could plug into sound equiptment, home theater, or anything with a USB input and speakers, that you could connect to on your phone, or home computer, and control it from there. It could even come with an HDMI adapter so that you could plug it into your TV and it would also display the song thats playing. Another feature could be an internal storage, that you could download songs onto from a computer or possibly from the app itself. I think that a lot of people who love spotify would love to have access to streaming music on devices other than phones and computers. For instance, I know that a lot of Amps have a USB input, you could plug the Streaming Device into it, and whenever you're home, you just open the app and selcet listen from it, and then you're all set. Let me know what you all think.

Updated on 2018-06-11

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-06-15

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Few days ago exactly this idea came to my mind. it would be so better, cause i'm absolutely sick of wasting battery only for spotify so for me it's a reason that i don't use spotify premium anymore. an usb-stick would be so comfortable and so easy to use! please realize this idea soon! 

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-11

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!