[Connect] Volume Normalisation

When I play music on BlueSound speakers through Spotify Connect, some tracks are way louder than others.  Having some invites, I was continiously adjusting the volume with the controller on ipad. Please add "gaincontrol" so that every song plays at the same volume through Connect. 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-11-01

Marked as new idea.

user-removed
Not applicable

After years using Spotify on my PC with the leveling on, I've finally bought a device to cast the audio on my home speakers.

With the absence of volume leveling on "Spotify Connect" devices this is barely usable, I have to constantly adjust the volume manually.

Spotify devs, please consider this request!

SMuldoon
Music Fan

I  wanted to vote for this but it just says "sorry you cant".

Small wonder these ideas never get much kudos and that nothing changes.

quetsche

That is really a great Problem with all Spotify Connect devices, that you will habe different loudness at each track. That makes continuous listing to spotify impossible! I don't understand, why Spotify cannot find a solution for this important issue.

khaaan

At night, I listen to the sleep playlist over a Bluetooth speaker in my bedroom, and it’s disruptive when one song is louder than the rest. Please fix this. 

Matt_Feifarek

I've had this problem with a brand-new Pioneer receiver, too.

matthijs058
Casual Listener

This is a much needed feature. Listening to an Album is OK, but playlists are a nightmare. Constantly adjusting volume.

Brassalui
Casual Listener

I can’t believe only 30ish people have noticed this flaw. An absolute must, as Playlists on random Mode are a catastrophe - constant change in loudness and fiddling with the control device are so 80s. Please make this a priority, dear spotify team and all users: please vote this one up!

SteveSpot

Please implement this. I prefer Spotify connect instead of listening over Bluetooth from my PC, but the volume difference between songs on Spotify connect is just annoying. The volume has to be adapted after every song.