Control Spotify via Siri

Well, I know there's another idea marked as case closed because Siri is not open to third party apps, but with iOS 8 siri is limited but open to third party apps, so I don't know if it's possible...

Updated: 2016-01-23

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Siri-Integration-with-the-iOS-10-Siri-Developer-API/...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Sartoriusa
Casual Listener
I agree Siri even has a different response that seems to indicate that spotify just does not support the information coming from Siri.
granthendersons
Could have a voice personal helper in the interim and work out initial thoughts on what people would and wouldn't like to control with their voice, maybe try some additional things Siri can't do, ask people what they want Siri to do to music and outshine it 🙂 I would like to be able to send my music controlled by voice I would also like to voice control music whilst it plays if it's worth exploring
Sergio11
Casual Listener

With iOS 9 Siri can now search inside apps. Maybe it can't control Spotify and start playing a song, but it should be able to at least find the song, artist or playlist with the proper support.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-01-23

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Siri-Integration-with-the-iOS-10-Siri-Developer-API/...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!