Control how much new Music is in the Mix

The Daily Mixes could have a slider control to select how much novelty you want in your mix. If the slider is totally to the left then it plays only tracks you have listened to before. If you put the slider totally to the right then it plays only tracks that you have never listened to before. The positions in the middle would be different combinations of these two extremes.

Sometimes I just want to listen to recommendations in a given genre without having to go through all my old tracks that I could easily make into a playlist anyway.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-01-24

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-08

Marked as new idea.

HottoG
Casual Listener

Great suggestion, however, it requires a UI change and most, if not all, requests that require UI changes are marked as "Not right now" and never see the light of day (play counts, for example, would solve this).

Another way to implement this change could simply be to input a ratio (or slider!) for "already in Your Library" in Advanced settings. That wouldn't be too hard would it Spotify? I am very, very, very tired of hearing the same songs over and over again.

Sequrga
Casual Listener

I would also like to see this feature, but for the opposite reason! I would prefer the daily mixes to be mixes of familiar songs I like, right now they're full of new songs I'd rather skip.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2019-01-03

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-01-24

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)