Controls / sliders for Radio

The Radio stations need some kind of sliders or controls to adjust the overall station.

#1 should be Adventurousness -- I think this is the biggest one missing. For my tastes, Spotify Radio based on a playlist or an artist plays way too many "fringe" or "unknown" tracks. But probably other people like that. It would be super-easy to let this be customizable. It should be trivial, given the EchoNest API.

My #2 is for Playlist stations -- a setting for "how much to play from the current playlist." Right now I can never tell if I will get any songs from my current playlist. Sometimes I want 50/50 playlist songs and not-playlist songs, sometimes I want something else. This should be a simple addition as well.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Fixing-Radio-Fine-tuning-songs-Hits-Variety-or-Discovery...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. You might also be interested to add your kudos to an idea to enter "discover mode" on radio here. ;)

Skepilot
Gig Goer

Yes!  I posted a similar ide which was marked as a duplicate with yours:

Hate to mention the competition, but the one thing I love about Slacker radio is their "Fine Tune" function.

This allows you to move sliders to change the music mix for such variables as Favorite Songs, Popular Songs and Newer Songs.

(Sometimes you may want to hear more of your old favorites, other times you may want to discover more new stuff!  They also allow you to ban songs or artists from a given radio station, though I know that's already been suggested here.)

seattleBrent
Roadie

I agree with the sliders idea. What I would like to see for radio based on playlist:

Slider 1 - song poularity

hits/most popular ------------------------------------------ go deep

Slider 2 - artists to include

Only artists in playlist ------------------------------------- only artists NOT in playlist

I love discovering new obscure things...so for me, both of the sliders would be about 3/4 to the right.

Also, fix the duplication. Right now, I hear way too many repeats in a single session...to the point that Spotify radio feels broken.

Also, respect user's passive choices: If I skipped the track, don't play that same track again for me 15 minutes later. That's just wrong.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Fixing-Radio-Fine-tuning-songs-Hits-Variety-or-Discovery...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!