Creating Stations

I'd like to go ahead and renew the call for better "Stations" functionality. For context, I'm using the windows desktop app. I'm a new premium subscriber, and up to now had never created a Station. What I expected upon entering the "Stations" section and clicking the "Create new station" button was to be able to start adding artists, albums, genres, or songs to a blank station; instead, all it does is bring up a search sidebar with no functionality to set it apart from the regular search. Upon clicking a search result, I was frustrated at not getting any indication of what this page has to do with the Station I'm trying to create. The function of the "Follow" button is not intuitive: I had to Google to learn that clicking "follow" creates a station; prior to that I assumed it was like Twitter, and I'd get some kind of news feed about the artist or whatever.

I hope this anecdote helps guide further development 🙂

Updated on 2019-02-15

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Since this is more of a general feedback topic and not a specific feature request for the ideas exchange, this topic will be closed for now.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then, so other people can join the discussion there. 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-02-15

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Since this is more of a general feedback topic and not a specific feature request for the ideas exchange, this topic will be closed for now.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then, so other people can join the discussion there. 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.