Crowd-sourced playlist song suggestions

Many of us have a playlist like "Rock" or "Acoustic/Chilled", and we're all looking for a way to make it the best possible playlist for ourselves by discovering music.

If I have an acoustic playlist with 80 songs, and some random person (Bob) has an acoustic playlist with 49 songs, but 36 of these are in both of our playlists, then I'd love to know what Bob has in his playlist and he'd likewise like to know what's in mine.

I suggest a feature in settings "show suggestions for your playlists" which show up at the bottom of your playlist as greyed out - purely to make you aware of the songs, deleting them shouldn't be a problem, and if you like one or two, then add it to the playlist and more greyed out songs will then appear.

I know it will require a large amount of querying, and a heavy amount of hardware, but the results would be a fluid music discovery service which complements the information from spotify radio.

Sharing playlists is one thing, but music discovery is the most exciting thing about spotify in my opinion. iTunes has Genius - so get ahead of the game.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hi there!

This idea has been submitted more than one year ago but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (25 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

This would be amazing.

I often find myself searching for those similar lists manually.

Even if I found a similar list - I have to scan for all the new tracks that I don't know yet.

That idea here would make it so much easier to discover new music that I like for sure!

detmer14
Gig Goer

Absolutely this should be a feature!!! But there should be an option in settings to turn this on/off for each playlist. Some of my playlists I may not want any suggestions for.

Many of the media software these days have suggestions features - especially movie recommendation engines such as Netflix. In a way, Spotify has already implemented this feature with radio stations based on playlists. But the recommendation engine or radio engine is very poor. It appears that the same group of songs get played over and over again on a radio stations without many new songs being introduced. I have noticed some improvement, but there is huge potential there. Pandora's recommendation engine is currently much better than Spotify's.

But this idea of recommending similar lists is a great way to find music you may have missed or forgotten about. Great idea.

user-removed
Not applicable

This would be a great feature which would allow to easily find good new music. Excellent idea!!

detmer14
Gig Goer

A little bit different than this topic, I started a topic to "Compare Playlists and show differences". Take a look at it here and give it kudos if you like the idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Compare-Playlists-and-show-differences/idi-p/386306

Coupled with playlist "suggestions", both of these features would be great tools for enhancing playlists.

OviiiOne
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hi there!

This idea has been submitted more than one year ago but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (25 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.