Customizable Main Menu on Mobile

IMG_8840.PNG

I think that the main menu should have an "edit option" so you can select what you'de like to have in the list. It is kindof frustrating that it is now a two step process to get to your playlists, where it didn't used to be.

It would be great if this menu could be customizable so users could select from some options such as;

• Playlists
  • Stations
  • Songs
  • Albums
  • Artists

Either the two menus can be combined (this main menu, and the "your music" menu) or it could be an option to include some features of your music on this page as well.

Thanks,

~Eric

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-01-21

Marked as new idea.

JagHeterAxel
Casual Listener

Yes, good idea!

9 out of 10 times I'm going for my playlists when in the main menu.

Though I wish everything should be customizable in an easy way.

foobleman
Regular

I think you should also be able to add sections from the Browse section - like Charts, Discover, Party, Running and Concerts.

leonardop1

The best idea ever! I miss Discover on the main menu. I could've go right to playlists from the menu, would be amazing. Customizable menus pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-04-12

Hey @miniburbs36 thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Community. At this time we don't have any plans to make the main menu customizable for each user. 

If you'd like to see a specific change (such as "Playlists" always on the main menu) it would be helpful if you made a new specific idea. Thanks for continuing to brig your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

etzerg1

I can't understand why you don't want to make the menu customizable. Here is my take on the idea:

Just add a button in the options menu that opens a drop-down menu or opens a little window where you can select what you want to show in your main menu or not. Simply put all the relevant categories (playlists, charts, albums,.....) in there with a little checkbox to the right side. Now you can select what you want to have on your main menu or not.

(I can understand your point of view as you don't want to make the menu fully customizable because then you can't access the entire app. For example if you delete everything in the main menu and just add playlists. You then want to access charts but you can't because you deleted the option for it. You then have to add it again and so on....)

-> Now here is my compromise: Make it so you can't edit the current menu. Just let us add some more buttons for playlists, albums, charts,... beneath the current options. There is  at least space for 4 more buttons and you could separate them from the original options with a fine grey line. 

Furthermore it would be great if you could add a button not just for playlists etc. but also for turning offline mode off/ on. I know it has already been suggested to make this option accesible more easily in other ideas but imo adding this as a seperate button would be the perfect solution to this problem.

In conclusion you could see my idea as a favorites tab beneath the current options in the main menu which you can customize. There is enough room for it and it saves everyone a lot of time :)

Hulda

I would love it if I didn't have to go back an forth and that I wouldn't have to click several times to switch the EQ settings. At least the bottom quick-menu should be customizable. Thank you 😊 

rpratesp
Casual Listener

Sometimes it's difficult to find a certain item to play, such as a particular playlist, your songs, or a specific album. Especially if you are using your smartphone in a car or in a hurry. A similar idea that I suggested was to create a screen called "my shortcuts" that could be customized by the user, where he could put any item he wanted, a playlist, a album, a radio, etc.

miniL

This is a great idea though.
Not just for phones, also for PC version.

In fact being able to customize a lot would really be nice.

I don't mean the way spotify looks, thats just fine with me.

However I would love to hide some of the clutter which makes it look like a mess and makes searching for my songs and playlists harder.

I mean I never listen the daily mix, podcasts, and more stuff from the library tab, so being able to hide/delete most of these would rock, and create more room for my playlists that are shown below it and are extending way down out of vision :)

This would at least allow my Top10-20 playlists to be visible right away without scrolling down.

And the same goes for tabs, and some other stuff which would be nice to hide (just like the song picture at the bottom left).

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!