[Daily Mix] Heart Icon without saving to Library

When you like a song in a playlist, such as your daily mix, it shouldn't immediately add it to your library as this is easy to do anyways and instead should just tell the algorithm that you like the song and suggest new ones for you

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

badgermilk

I like to keep my Library clean, and I'll often "like" a song on my Daily Mix in order to improve the playlist quality, but I don't want it saved to my library, usually just because I already have another version of the song saved and don't want duplicates. Conversely, there should be a "dislike" option instead of remove that only affects that particular playlist or daily mix. I might like a particular song but don't want to hear that type of music in a specific playlist or mix. For example, I don't want to hear AC/DC in my country playlist, even though I like AC/DC. There could be a separate playlist or category from Saved called "Liked Songs," that it sends them to, but we definitely need to be able to "like" a song to improve the mix without adding it to our "Saved" music.

gsbryant
Gig Goer

I agree with this and came here to post the same thing. I want to improve my Discovery and my Made For You playlist algorithyms by clicking that I like / heart something, however I do NOT want it added to my library. So every time I want to Like something I also have to uncheck it's "added" checkmark. 

jjmiranda544

I awant to bump this and reiterate this is a great idea. Some playlists already seem to feature this where you "heart" just to improve the algorithim. We already can save a song from the options on any song, just let us improve the algothim please.

Sagehorn
Music Fan

I also support that idea and I also need some more transparency concerning the heart. How will it affect the mixtape exactly? Why is there no way to "unheart" and unban? Don't you think its possible to destroy a mixtape slot? What the **bleep** do you think? ;)

Maybe there should be more control options and less "magic"

ken80p

Hope this makes the cut as I dont understand the reasoning of clicking the heart to save to library but also tell Spotify algorithim that I like this type of music. Its 2 completely different things and not sure how they came to the conclusion that people want to "save" every song they "like" especially if you are going to impose a 10,000 song limit.

So, make a Heart icon for algorithims and make  a + sign to add to your library easy peasy!

Krahnin

This is aggravating.

1) I absolutely hate this functionality. I at least used to be able to heart/like something on Discover Weekly and then manually remove it from my Library. Now, that also undies liking/hearting something. I see no reason for adding it to my library period. Now I can’t even remove it without undoing the like?

2) Spotify seems to be burying this. First post I found a moderator marked it as a duplicate and pointed it at an “inactive” idea. That idea then pointed at a third idea but none of the original votes rolled over? That was within 2 minutes of searching. I’m sure there are even more posts/complaints about this.

I started as a premium Spotify user due to the music selection and power I had over how I used the app compared to the competition. Forcing me to choose between a “clean” library or hearting/liking things is a major pain and will drive me elsewhere, potentially the same can be said about all the other people voting on the several ideas on this that are getting buried. I get some people may like this functionality. Make it an option though for those that don’t. Otherwise we may start looking for someone else that offers us better control over things.

srndsnd
Casual Listener

This is still the case for the Android app and is single handedly responsible for me not using Discover Weekly. Especially because my library is 99.99% full as it is. 

wesbartell
Casual Listener

I like this idea but I personally did like when you pressed the plus sign like say in radio playlist it would save it to “Songs” master playlist. It took the guess work out of finding the playlist you want to save it too. I wish the plus sign was still in place or at least the ability to change it to heart or plus sign or whatever you prefer adding some flexibility and choice to favorite songs. I would greatly appreciate a solution to the missing plus sign save functionality if there is already some substitute I may just unaware of. Thanks peace.

cink

Agreed. I very much prefered when they were only saved to a "liked from radio" or similar playlist. I don't necessarily want to save songs just because I like them in a mix.