Delete/Deactivate Account Button

Deleting an account (for whatever reason) is currently "not easy" to do. I've seen so many posts from frustrated users about this. For instance, I found out I have multiple spotify accounts using facebook and my email and I only want to keep one of them. I had to Google how to do this only to find out I have to go to the support webpage and email customer support telling them I wanted a particular account deleted. I then had to provide account details, and go through a number of verifications before I can have one of my accounts deleted. I really think having a button placed somewhere in the account page to delete my account would make the process hassle-free for a lot of people.

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-23

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

escapeintomusic
Casual Listener
Ohh, I didn't know there was an existing post about it. Thank you, blake! 🙂
mellonypeck

Yes!  That would be so helpful!  Guess I will have to go through all the steps listed in the original comment. ugh!!!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!