Delete cache only (Android app)

Hi!

In the Android app I would like the possibility to delete cache without deleting the settings at the same time.

-- 

Jonas

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-quot-Delete-Cache-only-quot-Option/idi-p/1415821

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
Community Legend

System Settings->Apps->Spotify->Clear Cache

In other words, this is build into Android.

Liam

neofob
Music Lover

Hi!

The build in cache cleaner in Android 2.3.6 does not seem to work that well with Spotify. (It's found under Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Spotify.) Even though I have listened to a lot of music the cache is reported as 0.00B. I guess this is te reason that there is a cache cleaning function in Spotify in the first place.

Community Legend

@neofob My instructions were for Android 4 ;)

It's likely you have nothing cached. The only things that are cached are downloaded tracks :)

Liam

Top Star
Top Star

So you're basically fine with the cache cleaner in the Spotify app but just want to keep your personal data when clearing the cache?

Community Legend

@Premify I think that's what the OP is saying yes, although the button in Spotify is designed to erase everything so that offline tracks can go in the right place and Android has it's own cache clearing system anyway.

Liam

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

This idea requests an option in the Spotify Android app to clear the cache without deleting the personal data (settings, etc)
GlutAn
Music Lover

+1

Losing all settings and account data each time you delete the cache is very counter-intuitive and a major hassle. Please use Android's inbuilt cache system

TechKat
Music Lover

Is it really that hard to store the song data into the cache? It's basically just changing one or two lines of code, right?

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-quot-Delete-Cache-only-quot-Option/idi-p/1415821

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.