Deleting the currently playing song from the current playlist should skip to the next song.

When a user deletes the currently playing song from the current playlist, Spotify should automatically skip to the next song.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a playlist and start playing any song from the list

2. Delete the currently playing song

3. Spotify continues to play the deleted song

Expected results:

1. Open a playlist and start playing any song from the list

2. Delete the currently playing song

3. Spotify should skip to the next song in the playlist

Reason:

I do this regularly to clear out songs I don't like in a playlist. If the user no longer wants the song in the list then it seems reasonable that they don't want to listen to it anymore.

Updated: 2016-08-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-08-25

Marked as new idea.

When I deleted a song from a Playlist I thought Spotify would stop playing the song and would skip to the next as you suggest, but I thought it was kind of cool it didn't and heard the song for "last time" in the playlist till it changed to the next track (I'm sure you agree that you don't just save any song to a playlist, you save it because you liked it) so I sometimes like how it is, but if spotify does what you suggest I would be totally OK with it.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-08-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!