[Desktop] 144 Hz Monitor or even for 240hz

The Spotify app doesn't support 144Hz monitors. 
It is anoying when you open spotify your cursor goes to 60Hz.
It goes from smooth to choppy, this makes the app unpollished. I guess this isn't that hard to fix. Because the app doesn't use that much GPU power to run.
The GIF file below can give an example. 
There are even monitors that can putout an 240hz refresh rate.

Cheers.

kLBm4Vx.gif

Updated on 2020-01-11

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-01-11

Marked as new idea.

Why stop at 144hz - might as well make it 240hz!

Disabling hardware acceleration helped, but this is just a dirty workaround, since the app feels more laggy when resizing the window

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-01-11

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!