[Desktop] Add information on playing song to system tray icon

I want to be able to see the artist / song name of the currently playing track in the case where Spotify is minimized to tray without opening the full application.

The scenario is that I have added a bunch of music to the queue and is working along with a gazillion of open windows with Spotify minimized. If I suddenly becom aware that this is a good track I want to be able to quickly glance what artist/song it is without jerking about my work space.

This is not a duplicate of the other idea about "full playback control" from system tray but is a simpler story that doesn't have as much overhead/impact.

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
mnsc
Gig Goer
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-28

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

anaximander

This has been suggested repeatedly going back several years, and I'm still waiting for them to add it. For what it's worth, it gets my vote.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke