[Desktop] Add library links to sidebar

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the UX for the updated desktop app for Spotify leaves a lot to be desired.

My prior edit that allowed me to keep the old UI no longer works, and I'm extremely frustrated by the current UX.

It'd be appreciated if there was a setting to show various links in the sidebar, such as "Albums".

As it stands, I have a few playlists (that I never really listen to, and only really want to live within my Playlists tab.

In summary, users need a small amount of customization, as we're all unique content consumers, and your 1-size fits all solution doesn't actually fit all.

Again, I'm sure this has been brought up before, so I don't know if this type of thing was just ignored as a "won't fix" type of thing, or you have other reasons for these decisions – I'm all ears.

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you specify exactly what you'd like to see in the Desktop app in terms of tabs and menus, so that users may know exactly what they're voting for 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you specify exactly what you'd like to see in the Desktop app in terms of tabs and menus, so that users may know exactly what they're voting for 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.