[Desktop] Add option to use classic UI

I see a lot of threads of this exact thing being closed because they are "requesting a full roll-back." So let me make it abundantly obvious:

I am not requesting a full roll-back. Simply an option to use the classic UI.

Plenty of people have already described their many issues with the new UI far more concisely and eloquently than I could hope to, but my biggest gripe is the lack of the recent searches feature. Right now I have installed an old version of spotify and jumped through hoops to enable the old UI, after a new update disabled that option altogether.

It is utterly baffling that in the face of all this negative feedback, there still isn't an option in the client to use the old UI. It would be very simple to implement, given how ui.experience_override="classic"  works just fine in the prefs file.

Updated on 2021-05-31

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Idea Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs, which includes requests for the option to revert to previous versions.

However, I'd suggest that you head over to this Community blog post to leave your feedback about the new Desktop app, as it's constantly being monitored by the right teams at Spotify in order to collect and take all your feedback into consideration. Please be specific about what changes you don't like and which feature you'd like to be added or brought back.

If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.

Comments
Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-31

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Idea Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs, which includes requests for the option to revert to previous versions.

However, I'd suggest that you head over to this Community blog post to leave your feedback about the new Desktop app, as it's constantly being monitored by the right teams at Spotify in order to collect and take all your feedback into consideration. Please be specific about what changes you don't like and which feature you'd like to be added or brought back.

If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.

Related Ideas