[Desktop] Autostart minimized to System Tray

Hi,

I've set both the autostart in minimized mode and the minimize to tray options, but upon autostart the window is not only on the systemtray, but also on the taskbar.

It would be nice if Spotify would be able to start only on the system tray (with a separate option, or when both of this settings is turned on).

Best regards,

Balazs

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-15

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-11-25

Marked as new idea.

juceliohv

Please! Put as improvement for OS Ubuntu [Linux]! Tanks S2

baxenko

pls add

s_po_ti_lol
Casual Listener

Apparently I can't vote on this. Why this even has to be voted on is beyond me, and how it was not implemented in the original design of the Spotify App is also beyond me. Embarrassing for Spotify to have such a basic oversight. I wonder what the investors will think about the legitimacy of Spotify if they hear they can't get basic UI functionality right. Look forward to seeing it implemented in the next update.

RadthorDax

The minimized tab also flashes for me when minimized on startup. The whole point of this option is to not demand the user's attention. The flashing highlight is the antithesis of this.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-15

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke