[Desktop] Bring back a global search bar, and the discover section you clowns.

This latest desktop update is a UI and UX nightmare.  Not sure the rational behind removing the search bar from the header.  Why are we adding clicks for absolutely no reason? 

The ease of New Music discovery is probably the best thing about Spotify.  Make that 'was' the best thing, until the latest update.  The entire discovery experience has been blown away? I spent 10 minutes and couldn't even find a top chart, or some equivalent to the release radar? UX team must be apple music users?

Updated on 2021-05-14

Hey @braedonsz,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: One change request per Idea.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them:

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Thermarest
Visitor

The muscle memory from years of using the search bar top left on the Desktop version of the app is very frustrating. 

As a product designer it boggles the mind that the UX team decided it would be a great idea to remove a standard feature from a universal spot not only on Spotify but other platforms as well. 

Bring back the search bar!

brokencmd
Regular

Agreed, how many more requests will it take for them to consider reverting it?

Pixelpusher93
Visitor

As UI designer myself I'm also wondering why they removed the global search bar. I also want it back but to be fair it is no extra click. With the previous UI you had to click the search bar to type something in. Now you need to click the search tab on the side and the search input will be active without further clicks. So technically it's still 1 click but none the less a weird decision to remove it.

Regarding "release radar": I find out that you can find it via search.

jrham
Music Fan

Its no extra clicks to get to the search, but how many extra clicks does it take to get you back to where you were in the first place? Return the global search bar to the top bar, make it create a dropdown box of results that you can either click to take you to another page or give it a three dot option to "share" "add to playlist", "add to que" etc... no extra clicks, you don't leave the page or playlist you're on, you don't have to click back to navigate anywhere... I loathe this recent update so very much. 

Elena
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-14

Hey @braedonsz,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: One change request per Idea.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them:

Thanks for understanding.

Related Ideas